Morpeth Town Football Club was
established in 1894, and through more than a century of football
have continued the tradition of carrying Amber and Black as
their team colours.
The club was formed in an amalgamation between Morpeth United
and Morpeth FC, at Stobhill Cricket Field.
In 1954 the club moved to Storey Park, and in the 1980's enjoyed
a successful time in the Northern Alliance, winning the title
and finishing runners-up on two other occasions, as well as
lifting both the Challenge Cup and Benevolent Bowl in 1986.
The club moved to a purpose built stadium in 1994, which co-incided
with a League and Cup double, and with it, promotion to the
Northern League. Craik Park was named after the father and son W
and R Craik who had served as secretary between 1920 and 1985.
Current President Kenny Beattie was the man behind the stadium
and since 1992 he has revived the club's fortunes.
Membership of the Northern League followed in 1994/95 and the
following year saw the Second Division Championship being
presented to Morpeth. The club finished 6th in the First
Division at the first time of asking, as well as reaching the
final of the NFA Senior Cup.